Oral Cancer Screenings
In the early stages, oral cancer can be treated in up to 90% of cases. However, if the cancer is not detected, it can spread to any part of the body and become increasingly more difficult, if not impossible, to treat. Therefore, Dr. Daniel Mishaan advocates cancer screenings for all his patients. The oral cancer screening checks the mouth, head, and neck of early signs and symptoms. These include:
- Sores that do not heal
- Lumps on the lip, mouth, or throat
- White or red patches on the gums, tongue, or lining of the mouth
- Unusual bleeding, pain, or numbness in the mouth
- Sore throats that do not go away
- The feeling that something is caught in your throat
- Difficulty or pain when chewing or swallowing
For more information on cancer screenings please click here.
The oral cancer exam is one of the most critical components of a complete and thorough dental hygiene and dental exam. It is not something to neglect.
Please feel free to call (212.730.4440) our Midtown NYC office for a private consultation, or schedule an appointment with Dr. Mishaan.